Other Ways To Build Momentum
As you learned in previous lessons, you must take these steps to maintain the drive to reinvent your career:
- Form your own ‘Reinvention Team’. This, simply, is a community of people that will help you along the path. Make sure everyone in your circle is positive and supports your reinvention process.
- Ask for help from your world. If your loved ones are supportive, give them specific ways they can assist you. Perhaps that writer friend of yours will guide you in crafting a cover letter, or your buddy, who knows everyone, will put you in touch with a few key contacts.
- Enlist those who are closest to you to keep you on track in a supportive way. Ask them to check in with you on a weekly basis, or request that they give you a daily pep talk.
- Keep doing your daily success journal!
- Each day, invest 15 minutes in your dream. Read a chapter in a book, reply to an online job-posting, make a call, have a meeting, or stop by an industry event.
- Once a week, have fun in a way unrelated to your job search. Joy generates energy, and having energy is instrumental to a successful reinvention launch.
- At the beginning of every week, read your Life Vision. This will keep the image fresh in your mind and keep your enthusiasm up.
- Post your top-line objective in a place where you can see it on a daily basis. Placing your goals front-and-center increases your chances of success.