Streamlining Your Vision into Goals
Once you’ve formulated your vision, you’ll quickly see that whole-life success requires achieving multiple goals, not just a single “I want this job” goal.
Your visioning exercises helped you uncover a variety of things you want to accomplish in each leg of reinvention’s three-legged stool (work, lifestyle, and spiritual).
It can seem overwhelming because you may think to yourself, “I have all these things I want.” To stay focused, you’ll need to do two things: narrow down your goals and learn to manage more than one.
Here are the five steps you’ll use to organize your reinvention goals (and make them happen!):
- Identify your anchor goals, by category, and pick your cascade sub-goals
- Define the gap between where you currently are and your goal
- Budget a window of time you’ll invest in achieving your goals
- Learn how to work with yourself
- Weave your steps into everyday life
Let’s look at each one more closely.